Tuesday, September 27, 2011

September 18 - September 24

Weekly Totals ~ Time: 5:37:41 Distance: 31.33 mi. Vertical: 7,816 ft.
Weekly Averages ~  Time: 1:24:25 Distance: 7.83 mi. Vertical: 1,954 ft.


Like clockwork, friends and family come in town and running priorities descend to second place. I don't intend on ever changing that aspect of my running, training, and life. It's different when people visit you from 3,000 miles away, it's not a time to seclude yourself behind a canopy of dense Evergreen's, or in the shadows of ominous mountain peaks. So, I didn't do too much running last week. A couple of of runs, but nothing that would be considered on schedule. No regrets. Next week, however, will definitely have a pick-up in training. The SCOTT Cougar Mountain 50k route, for October 30th, has been released, so for the next month, I'll be picking the course a part one mile at a time and coagulate everything on race day

Sunday, September 18 ~ Birthday! No running, full day of working, plus a surprise party
Time: n/a
Distance: n/a
Vertical: n/a



Monday, September 19 ~ Coal Creek Tr. (Night)
Time: 1:17:33
Distance: 8.12 mi.
Vertical: 775 ft.


Night trail running forces you to slow down. Depth perception is at a minimal, but the Black Diamond Storm Headlamp is one of the best on the market.



Tuesday, September 20 ~
Time: 0:43:04
Distance: 5.18 mi.
Vertical: 67 ft. (ha, I don't know why I write that down)


Speed Work. Track. Mile jog to track. 7 X 200m w/100m Rest + 1k + 4 X 200m w/100m Rest. Mile jog back home. Average 200m pace was consistently around 4:50, 1k pace was 5:35 (err). Felt good to safely stretch the legs.


Wednesday, September 21
Time: 1:34:28
Distance: 8.19 mi.
Vertical: 2,419 ft.



Base Run. Legs were a little more stiff than anticipated after yesterday's track workout. However, after a short 1/2 mile uphill my legs felt great. Set a new PR up Wilderness Peak TR, 0:22:27, on fatigued legs. All is going well in training. Hopefully I can encourage myself to get out tonight for an easy three to five mile jaunt through the concrete jungle.


Thursday, September 22
Time:  n/a
Distance: n/a
Vertical: n/a


Friday, September 23
Time:  2:02:37
Distance: 9.84 mi.
Vertical: 4,555 ft.


Base Run.Today was: shitty, okay, good, great, glad to be done...and in that order. Most gain I've done on a run in quite some time. Unnervingly, though, this section of trail is 1/3 the course of my upcoming 50k. Ha, now that makes me smile. I've semi-retired my Garmin 405 (original) and upgraded to the Garmin 610, by the way. I approve.


Saturday, September 24

Time:  n/a
Distance: n/a
Vertical: n/a

No comments:

Post a Comment