Wednesday, October 12, 2011

October 02 - October 08

Weekly Totals ~ Time: 8:24:50 Distance: 45.47 mi. Vertical: 10,660 ft.
Weekly Averages ~ Time: 1:24:08 Distance: 7.58 mi. Vertical: 1,777 ft.


I don't really know why these past two weeks have been so lax on the blog front. I use my blog as a glorified training log, so I generally keep up with it. Needless to say, we all have procrastination in our blood and lately I've been succumbing to the easy urge of, "I'll do it tomorrow." Luckily, however, not in my running. Last week, was great. I did suffer through a cold towards the end of the week. At least that's my excuse as to why I'm about 7.5 miles short of what "should" have been done. I rocked a great 17 miler at the beginning of the week, and I'm really looking forward to the next three weeks of running. October has, now, become my proving ground for a year's worth of running. Have I trained well? What else can I do? Where are my weaknesses? All these questions will be answered and then plugged into the training equation and one, or two, variables will be changed for the future plans. I'm confident, and ready. Next week is a 'recovery' week, somewhat needed, but I don't think required.

Sunday, October 02 ~ Off Day/Recovery
Time: n/a
Distance: n/a
Vertical: n/a


Monday, October 03 ~ Cougar Mtn.
Time: 1:10:46
Distance: 5.86 mi.
Vertical: 1,669 ft.


Base Run. 1600' of Gain. Lazy, lazy day. Started to run this morning, but settled for cold pizza and coffee instead. Hit the trail late afternoon, felt good, but definitely like I had been sitting around all day.


Tuesday, October 04 ~ Squak Mtn. + Cougar Mtn.
Time: 3:21:26
Distance: 17.00 mi.
Vertical: 5,127 ft.


Long Run. 5100' of Gain! Set out to check off the ''mountain" sections of the 50k course. Learned a lot, felt good. 5,100 ft. of vertical gain is no joke, by the way. at 11:51 min./mi. pace I am quite please with my fitness at this point. I've got a lot to dial in, but you can't beat being on the trail, by yourself, for 3+ hours. My legs are tired, my mind satisfied, and my body is hungry. So, shower, food, and beer is on the list.

Wednesday, October 05 ~ 'Round the Hood
Time: 0:27:20
Distance: 3.17 mi.
Vertical: 90 ft.

Recovery Run. Welcomed by mist, cloud cover, and cool air I hit the streets this morning to stretch my legs from yesterday's 3+ hour run. First mile felt uncoordinated, second mile reminded me that I ran yesterday, and third mile I felt warmed up and ready to run. Always best to stay on the side of caution, so I cut the run when I felt warm and will hopefully go run, tonight, after work. Great job, as always, to the Saucony Hattori. Love those shoes.



Thursday, October 06
Run #1 ~ Cougar Mtn.Run #2 ~ Home
Time: 1:32:45 Time: 0:31:59
Distance: 8.00 mi. Distance: 3.00 mi.
Vertical: 2,349 ft. Vertical: 105 ft.

Run #1:
Base Run. 2300' of Gain. You can't beat a wet, foggy, and cool Cougar Mtn. Legs feel ok. Nothing great, but nothing to worry about. Had the trail, once again, to myself. Sometimes when I'm out on the trail solo, I wonder if people know what they're missing. The trails don't close, people! Especially not for misty morning. It's no Alabama cornbread dipped in Georgia buttermilk, but this isn't Dixieland either.

Run #2:
Recovery Run. Whoa, don't know what just happened, tonight. 0 to 2.5 mi. feelin' good. Very fluid. 2.5 - 3.0 feelin' awful. Very low blood sugar. Guess I didn't eat enough today at work. Noted. It was like a bonk, except I only ran 3 miles, ha. On a high note, my average heart rate was only 114 bpm. (125 bpm average before I walked the last half-mile home.)

Friday, October 07 ~ Off Day/Recovery
Time: n/a
Distance: n/a
Vertical: n/a

Saturday, October 08 ~ Cougar Mtn.
Time: 1:20:34
Distance: 8.43 mi.
Vertical: 1,320 ft.


Base Run. 1300' of Gain. Took yesterday completely off to jump start recovery from some bronchitis I managed to pick up earlier in the week. Felt great, today. I little congested, but no concern. Yesterday's rest day really helped a lot. I planned on at least 10, tonight, but the light retreated behind the horizon faster than I planned. No need to fret over lost numbers.





No comments:

Post a Comment